Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Photo dump from July

I took a lot of pictures in July that I meant to share here, so here goes!


My friend Jim (ZYX) came to visit for a week because of the ParaPara panel we held at AX. His aunt lives in SGV now so we went up there to meet with them and go to Round 1 for purikura. We also ate at Yukino-ya Ramen as usual!



We took these after the 4th of July weekend, which was terrible in Newport Beach. Hence why we said "Fuck Newport" lol



There was a brand new Forever 21 that opened at one of my local malls, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA. It shares space with Sears but is separate from it, with entrances inside and outside the mall.

The layout of the store reminded me of a floor in Shibuya 109, with each sub-brand getting their own space!

 A view of some clothing racks with cosmetics and accessories in the center.
 Clothing racks in the middle of the store and you can see how sub-brands and different styles of clothes are in their own spaces.
 A view of some of the shoe displays along with another view of the store.

Sometime in the month I decided to go on a GNO (Girls Night Out) with my friends to LA's Little Tokyo. We wanted to go to Manekineko in the Japanese Village Plaza for their NYX goods, but we wandered off to Weller Court for food and saw this...
Marukai (a Japanese supermarket here) opened a store called "Marukai Kawaii". It's filled with Hello Kitty items, stationary, etc and...
Dolly Wink and Diamond Lash with a huge NYX Cosmetics display! They had most of the items that Manekineko didn't have, including the HD line and Tango bronzers. They also had a line of budget eyelashes called "Mori Girl", which I've been wanting to try for a very long time.

For dinner we decided to eat at Chin-Ma-Ya of Tokyo, a ramen shop with fairly good reviews. They specialize in Tantanmen but have other types of ramen as well.

 My ramen, which is a tantanmen ramen without the spicy kick and added chashu and corn :)

My gets from that day! D-UP and Mori Girl lashes, NYX Liquid Foundation, NYX HD Foundation, NYX HD Primer, NYX Mosaic Blush in Highlighter, an assortment of NYX Round Lipsticks, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London, Skinfood Cream Blush in No 3 and a set of fake nails from Forever 21. Haven't gotten to use them yet~ Unfortunately that day I also got a parking ticket for being partially over a red line ;_;

While during the week I usually eat pretty well (I've changed my eating habits and have lost about 10lbs!), but on the weekend I'll splurge a bit ;) This was from one weekend at the Fullerton High School Fundraiser and Munchathon.
 Lobster and shrimp grinder sandwich from SlapFish. Very good deal for $5!
 The line for Grill 'Em All, which will forever be long! Totally worth it though.
 More of the crowds at the food truck meetup.

 Getting closer to Grill 'Em All!
 My burger from Grill 'Em All, the Molly Hatchet! It came with a patty, fennel sausage gravy, bacon, maple syrup and I added onions.

The next day was Munchathon, which I won a pair of tickets for from Saturday Night Foodies. Many thanks to them again :)
 LudoTruck, which I must always hit up when it's in my area! Chef Ludo was on Top Chef Masters.
 Grilled Corn from The Lime Truck!
 Chicken balls, coleslaw and bearnaise sauce from LudoTruck.
 Chunk-n-Chip's moolan rouge, which is red velvet cookies with white chocolate chip ice cream!

The Lime Truck has 2 different trucks, this one is the "sheriff" one and I found out why lol

Lastly, here's a picture of the mess I made at my bf's bathroom and what I had to pack for my NY trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment