Awhile ago I made another post relating to recession-friendly cosmetics for gals, and egg seems to continue on this trend with their newest Beauty catalog for Spring! Not only does it show you don't need brand name makeup to look this pretty, but that you don't have to spend too much on it as well! Romihi leads this article with rounding up all the other egg models and asking if they own any 100yen cosmetics, Maybelline or Canmake. After the article I'll post some other suggestions and other inexpensive Western brands that are picking up with gal models.
There are a ton of inexpensive Western brands that have been gaining a lot of attention from gals as well, but probably not listed in here due to the products being double the price in Japan than it would be in the Western world.
Popular brands with models: Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel, NYX
- Maybelline products are a staple to many gals! Their mascaras, gel liner, Mineral Power line (Pure Mineral in Japan), and lipsticks are a must need. Even the new line of face makeup in the US (Fit me!) is gaining popularity under the name Angel Fit.
- Revlon is popular with gals for their foundation, mainly from their ColorStay and PhotoReady lines. Their lipglosses also seem popular as well.
- Rimmel's exclusive Japanese products are popular, probably due to Ayumi Hamasaki being one of their main models. You'll see a lot of models using their eyeshadows, lip concealer (a favorite of mine as well!) and nude lip plumping gloss.
- NYX has a wide range of products in the Western world, but they also produce Ranzuki model Nicole Abe's line of eyelashes in Japan called Princess Tiara. I made a post about it previously here. Their Candy Glitter liner, eyeshadows and blushes are extremely popular with gals. With a wide variety of colors to choose from, including a rare orange shade called Cinnamon that not many Western brands would even consider producing! They also have a Contour + Highlight liquid makeup set that I swear by as well!
Gaining popularity with models: LA Girl, BYS, LA Colors (these brands have been being featured in gal magazines recently)
- LA Girl (along with LA Colors) have been brands that I always associated with dollar stores, because that's where I mainly see them at! In the newest issue of egg they feature many LA Girl lipglosses and lipsticks, along with a few eyeshadows as well. LA Colors was featured for their eyeshadow palettes as one of the model's favorite items at the moment.
- BYS Cosmetics is based in Australia but is also sold in Europe as well (sorry Americans, not available for us!). They were featured in the same issue of egg along with LA Girl and LA Colors cosmetics and also have been in the newest issue of ageha as well. Their lipstick colors are very pretty and what they've been featured for.
Here's my recommendations of other brands: Covergirl, Milani, New York Color, wet N wild, Palladio
Now that I spilled the information about egg model's and my own personal favorite cheap cosmetic brands, how about you? What do you like?