Friday, March 2, 2012

Leap Day at Disneyland + OC Restaurant Week at TAPS

I have been super busy this last week! While it was my spring break I was needed at OBEY full time because we've been doing a bunch of photoshoots. Although it was a lot of work I did really enjoy myself this week, I got to do the makeup for the female model on Thursday and I styled a bunch of tees today for the male model :D I'm really proud of what I accomplished this week, and hope to keep progressing!

Anyways, besides from work this week I got to do two fun things! Tony and I met up with a bunch of friends at Disneyland on Leap Day (29th) for their special "One More Day" event where they were open for 24 hours. Saying it was crazy busy is an understatement!

Makeup details:
Face:
- Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Skin
- Redness Correction: Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Bedaub
- Concealer: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand in Beige (under eyes) and Glow (blemishes)
- Foundation: MAC Full Coverage Foundation in NW30
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark
- Contour (face): Fyrinnae Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Medium
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
- Highlight: Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up!
- Blush: MAC Cremeblend Blush in Optimistic Orange

Eyes:
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: tarte for True Blood Palette in Telepath (lid), V (crease and lower lash line), and Dawn (brow highlight)
- Eyeliner: Momoeri Long Beam Eyeliner, NYX Slide-On Pencil in Jet Black
- Mascara: Youngblood Mascara in Onyx
- Eyelashes: Jewerich No. 2 (top) and Jewerich No. 3 (bottom)

Lips:
- Lipbalm: Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine
- Lipcolor: Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild + MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Exxx-hibitionist



Here's a very bad and very yellow outfit picture... I was planning on taking a full outfit shot at the park but it was too chaotic to do so :x
Outfit details:
- Shirt: 3rd By Vanquish
- Shorts: Wet Seal
- Necklace: OBEY
- Tights: Kireiplaza

And a few pictures of the chaos...
People trying to get into the Toy Story Parking Lot off of Harbor. We were stuck in this traffic for about an hour and a half... I live 10 minutes away from Disneyland!!

The mass of people waiting to get into the park while it was at full capacity. We were pretty fortunate to have only had to wait around an hour to get in.
It was fun to hang out with friends and be at the park late at night, but the drunk people really ruined the experience! :( I saw a bunch of empty alcohol bottles in the parking lots and saw people bringing in water bottles full of vodka and tequila. This drunk guy also joined our group for Jungle Cruise and was trying to hit on me and my friend Bree... despite my Tony saying both of us were taken and us holding each other!! He was extra obnoxious (from being drunk of course) and creepy because at times I could feel him breathing down my neck. EWW!!
But overall, it was a fun day but it was also very tiring as well. We left my house around 9:30, got boba and food and were on our way at around 9:50, parked at 11:40 and got into the park at around 1am. We stayed until around 5:30am, but were dead tired and didn't have a fun time waking up for work LOL

Tony and I also had dinner for Orange County Restaurant Week at TAPS Fishhouse and Brewery in Brea, CA on Tuesday! TAPS has been on my radar to try for a very long time, so we jumped at the chance to get a 3 course meal for $30/person.
Makeup details:
Face:
- Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Skin
- Redness Correction: Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Bedaub
- Concealer: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand in Beige (under eyes) and Glow (blemishes)
- Foundation: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark
- Contour (face): Fyrinnae Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Medium
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
- Highlight: Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up!
- Blush: Diamond Blush in Honey Orange

Eyes:
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Naked2 Palette in Suspect (lid), Snakebite (crease and lower lash line), and Verve (brow highlight)
- Eyeliner: Momoeri Long Beam Eyeliner, NYX Slide-On Pencil in Jet Black
- Mascara: Youngblood Mascara in Onyx
- Eyelashes: Fairylash in Drop eye (top) and Fairylash in Sexy eye (bottom)

Lips:
- Lipbalm: Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine
- Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2
- Lipgloss: MAC Surf Baby Lipglass in Strange Potion

We took pictures of the food as usual, I *love* the Food setting on my SLR! I'm glad the pictures turned out especially because the lighting inside the restaurant was actually quite dark.

Appetizers:
I got the Short Rib Poutine, which is french fries, cheese curds, short rib meat and gravy topped with a fried egg. I spent a lot of time in Montreal when I was a kid, so I know what a good poutine is. This isn't quite authentic, but tasted really good!

Baked Brie Waldorf Salad. From what I tasted (not a lot, Tony ate it too fast!!) it was really light and refreshing. The fried present on the side included baked apples and brie cheese.

Entrees:
This is the Free Range Chicken Pot Pie, and I was shocked that they also gave me a side of fried chicken on it as well! I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish it so I ate about half of the pot pie and a small piece of the chicken.
Tony got the Crispy Slow Braised Porkchetta, which is pork loin wrapped with pork belly! Very decadent, but also very tender.

Dessert:
The Good Night Breakfast is a play on dessert and breakfast. It includes a flourless chocolate mousse cake, chocolate bowl filled with fresh berries and coco puffs along with a side of chocolate almond milk. I was only able to eat the chocolate cake before getting full, so Tony benefited from the rest of my dessert.

He also got to have the French Smackaroons, which is sorbet stuffed into macaroon shells. He didn't leave anything left from these!

Overall the service and food was excellent, I have no complaints about it at all. Our server was delightful, even though we ordered from the "cheap menu". I definitely want to eat here again when I have the money to do so!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! So many delicious food! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was delicious! The entree also made for 2 extra meals :D

      Delete
  2. I guess your job must be fun!!
    I used to think of doing that kind of job also but I didn't graduate in the related field so it's kidda hard to get such a job :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of work and can be tiring and annoying at times, I really do enjoy the clothing industry! Hopefully I'll get a full time job like this when I finish school.

      I do agree it would probably be hard to get a job in the field if you didn't get the degree in it or if you don't know somebody :(

      Delete
  3. Soo cute with your Minnie Mousse ears! >o<

    ReplyDelete