Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting for about a month, I've been caught up in my courses at summer school. I wanted to remind everyone that my Candy Doll Shading Powder Giveaway will be ending in 2 days, so please enter it if you haven't already!
I finished my beloved Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation that my boyfriend got for me, so I've been on the hunt for a new foundation to try out. I got a sample of Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup to try so I decided to share my results with everyone. Will it be my new go-to foundation?
The sample pack came with 4 shades: 2.0 (fair), 3.5 (light), 4.0 (light-medium), 8.0 (medium-dark). UD's numbering system is fairly simple, with any shade ending with ".0" being warm and ".5" being cool. The shades start from .5 and go all the way to 12, so there should be a shade match for most skin tones. This foundation has light to medium coverage, with a demi-matte finish to give a naturally flawless look.
What I like to do is to empty out the packet into an empty cosmetics jar, as seen here:
Tokyo Lifestyle. This provides the easiest way of storing samples of all types!
- Moisturizer: Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer
- Primers: MAC Prep + Prime Skin, Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants Skin Lotion Spray
- Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in Shade 4.0
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark, Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish
- Contour (face): Candy Doll Shading Powder
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Benefit Cosmetics Sugarbomb (base), Benefit Cosmetics Hervana
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bad to the
Bronze (base), Urban Decay in Underground
- Eyeliner: NYX Slide-On Pencil in Jet Black, MSH Love Liner, NYX Slide-On Pencil in Brown Perfection (lower lash line), Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Champagne 23L (waterline)
- Mascara: Dior Diorshow Maximizer (Primer), Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Mascara, Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat
- Eyelashes: Jewerich No. P-4
- Lipbalm: Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine
- Lipstick: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
- Big variety in shades available, so most skin tones will be able to find something to suit them.
- Smooth application and feels weightless.
- Don't need to use a lot of product to cover the whole face.
- Long lasting, even through oiliness.
- Simple numbering system for shades to help customer find what their shade is easily, even without seeing it in person.
- Although claims to have buildable coverage, it wouldn't build up for me! I had to use concealer to cover the rest of my flaws.
- The shade is a bit too light on me, I should probably mix a little bit of 8.0 in with 4.0. I would probably match better to 5.0 right now.
- I don't like how it photographed. It made my face look like I had a slight grey cast, similar to BB Creams.
- Became more oily than usual, but this is due to its demi-matte finish. I'm used to very matte foundations.
This foundation will suit anyone of any skin tone. However, I really recommend this only if you don't have any imperfections you want covered and have fairly clear skin. This foundation was truly lightweight and felt like I had nothing on and looked very natural. Long lasting even through the heat!
So, will this be my new foundation? No, this one is not for me.