Monday, October 15, 2012

Beauty Haul from Barneys New York

I have a lot of schoolwork to do, but I thought I'd post about a haul I got over the weekend. My friends from New York came to stay with me over the weekend so I am pretty tired!

Yesterday we went to Barneys New York in Beverly Hills, CA. One of my friends is an associate at the flagship store in NYC so I went on the incentive of using his employee discount. Discount on high-end makeup? I would have to be an idiot to pass that up!



Alice (bff) and I spent a lot of time in cosmetics being treated like princesses! It was fun getting pampered at the counters and getting to trying products from brands I've wanted to try but never had the opportunity. OC makeup counter ladies, you got to step up your game because the service at Barneys was impeccable!
List of items I bought:
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned
NARS Blush in Gilda
NARS Blush in Gina
NARS Larger than Life Lipgloss in Rouge Tribal
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Ruby Red Slippers
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Good Girl Gone Bad
Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX 09
Hourglass Aura Cheek Stain in Petal
Beauty is Life Powder Blush in Close Up

Some swatches of the items I got:

Most of the colors are definitely fall-friendly and also very friendly colors for my skin! I had a blast shopping at Barneys and definitely will do so next time I'm in NYC.

Any colors or products you guys like or have tried? Any good or bad experiences from high-end beauty counters?

No comments:

Post a Comment