♥MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt♥It is limited edition and was released originally in March 2012, but it is being repromoted *right now* in MAC's Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze Collection!
Beauties with medium to dark skin tones, you definitely need this highlighter!
I purchased mine (along with Superb) when the In Extra Dimension collection came out back in March of this year. I decided to do a side comparison between the two shades so you can see the differences in shades:
Swatch (unblended and blended)
My FOTD (of course wearing Whisper of Gilt):
- Primer: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, X-Out Shine Control (t-zone), MAC Fix+
- Foundation: Hourglass Veil Fluid in No. 4
- Concealer: Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer in 09
- Powder: Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish
- Contour (face): Fyrinnae Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Medium
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
- Highlight: MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt
- Blush: theBalm Cabana Boy (main), Benefit Cosmetics Sugarbomb (cheek highlight)
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Gold Shimmer (base), Urban Decay Vice Palette in Jagged (lid), Blitz & Nevermind (mixed on lid), Junkie (crease), Muse (lower lid), Echo Beach (brow highlight)
- Eyeliner: Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Liner in Perfect Black, MSH Love Liner
- Mascara: MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash
- Eyelashes: Diamond Lash Glamorous eye (top), Decorative Eyelash PLAYGIRL in Play Sexy #5 (bottom)
- Lipbalm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Twinkle
- Lipstick: NYX Black Label Lipstick in Bling
This is my HG highlighter! The color suits me very well, the lasting power is really great even with little product used. The price can be a bit hefty at $29, but it contains a lot of product and as you can see in my photo, you don't need to use a lot. So overall the value is great and should not be missed out on!
If you have warm medium-dark toned skin, go for Whisper of Gilt. If you have cool toned skin, go for Superb.
Available now online and in-store where MAC is sold for $29. Do not hesitate, they will probably sell out quickly!