Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Diamond Lash Little Wink Series in Romance eye and Honey eye

I've had these for awhile now, and I know a lot of people are curious about how these are so I thought I'd review them! The Diamond Lash Little Wink series was released back in February to be more natural looking, similar to the newer Dolly Wink lashes.


Romance eye




From the official Diamond Beauty website


The top pair has been worn 4 or 5 times.

Honey eye
From the official Diamond Beauty website


The top pair has been worn about 2 or 3 times.

Lashes together:
Eye makeup details:
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: Geek Chic Cosmetics Eyes of the Werewolf (lid), Victorian Disco Cosmetics Wookie Noises (crease and lower lash line), Fyrinnae Cosmetics Sake & Sashimi (blended)
- Eyeliners: Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black, K-Palette Real Lasting Liner, NYX Slide-On Pencil in Brown Perfection (lower lash line), Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Champagne 23L (waterline)
- Mascara: MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash

An above view of the lashes

Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- Very natural looking but still gives good volume.
- Can be worn everyday, even without gyaru makeup.
- Not quite as shiny as the usual Diamond Lash eyelashes! These definitely look much more natural.
- Affordable pricing and a good value.

Cons:
- Being delicate they need to be taken good care of.
- Not good for a glamorous gyaru look.
- Not available outside of Japan unless purchased in Japan or through shopping services.

My thoughts:
These lashes are really soft and delicate, and are very good for giving a natural look that makes it look like you're wearing eyelash extensions. These are of course much cheaper than maintaining eyelash extensions :) But since these are delicate, it's necessary to take good care of them! I have taken good care of them by taking off the excess glue after every 2 wears, which has helped prolong them and keep their shape.
These are great for everyday wear or when you need to tone down your gyaru makeup. I wear these on days when I don't feel like doing crazy makeup or during school presentations. These seem to be good for all occasions and are great for a soft and natural look.

Where to buy?
1050yen at SBY stores in Japan, Diamond Beauty, Kirei Plaza (all need to be purchased with a shopping service)

6 comments:

  1. These look really nice and would be perfect for light natural days! I'm glad that they at least managed to make the lashes less shiny for their more natural designs. :D Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I think it's great as well since Diamond Lash are notorious for being very shiny.

      Delete
  2. Omg, your lashes are in such good condition *A* (compared to what mine looks like after 4-5 uses XD) They look great though, hopefully i can get my hands on these soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised actually as well since I don't usually take very good care of my lashes 8D I hope soon they'll be more widely available!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, your photos of the Romance Eye lashes make them look so much better (longer) than the official shots! I still think I will be giving this series a miss, though. ^^

    (P.S. Welcome back to blogging!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think sometimes it's better to try them out yourself than just to base it off of model images! If I wasn't doing so much business-related things I would probably not buy from this series as well~

      Delete