Saturday, October 6, 2012

Irvine Global Village Festival, 9/29

Last weekend was the Irvine Global Village Festival, which happens once a year where I live! It is set up to bring many cultures together to celebrate it all in one place. To be quite honest, Tony and I just went for food!

FOTD:


Makeup details:
Face:
- Moisturizer: Bare Minerals Advanced Protection SPF 20 Moisturizer
- Primers: MAC Prep + Prime Skin, MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother, X-Out Shine Control (t-zone)
- Foundation: MAC Full Coverage Foundation in NW30
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark, Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish
- Contour (face): Fyrinnae Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Medium
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
- Highlight: tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Angelic
- Blush: tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Stellar (cheek contour), Magic (main cheek color), Fantastic (cheek highlight)

Eyes:
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Gold Shimmer (base), tarte for True Blood Palette
- Eyeliner: tarte EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Charcoal, Lime Crime Unliner in Quill
- Mascara: MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash
- Eyelashes: Diamond Lash Cats eye + Angel eye (top), Decorative Eyelash PLAYGIRL in Play Sexy #5 (bottom)

Lips:
- Lipbalm: DermStore Lip Quench
- Lipstain: tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Dazzled

OOTD:
Outfit details:
Denim vest: Forever 21
T-Shirt: TJ Maxx
Necklace: OBEY
Bracelets: eBay
Ring: Wet Seal
Shorts: Yumetenbo
Shoes: Yumetenbo

The festival took place at a park that didn't allow anyone to park, so we had to go to an off-site lot and catch a shuttle there. Luckily the organization was really good so we didn't have to wait too long for a shuttle to take us to the event! It was really hot outside in an outdoor park, so that kind of sucked but can't complain too much since it was free to attend.
Some of the stands. They were selling goods, sponsors had booths (including my school, CUI), and best of all they had food stands!
A stand selling kettle corn and crepes. I've had the crepes at their main location and while they're similar to Japanese styled crepes, they're a bit too crispy and expensive. The kettle corn was incredibly delicious and I had to pry it away from Tony in order to get some :(

As per usual in Irvine, there was a lot of good dog watching!

Shortbread cookies from Blackmarket Bakery and a mugi-cha from House foods. They're an amazing bakery that makes the best brownies EVER! These cookies were Tony's, as I only got one cookie which I actually lost in my room and found a day later LOL

Empanadas! One of them was beef and another one was cheese. I loved these but am a bit partial to the ones from Piaggio on Wheels. :)

Gyoza and takoyaki from Takoyaki Tanota! Always a pleasure to eat their takoyaki, and actually had never had their gyoza before. It was good (definitely homemade) but I like my gyoza more crispy.

"Spiral chip" from Boba Smoothie, I think these are popular in Korea?? I didn't actually eat one since I was in line for a Boba milk tea.

Bacon wrapped hot dogs! These are very California-styled, if you like hot dogs and bacon then I would definitely recommend eating them :)

Luckily before I left I had texted the BFF (Alice), and she happened to be there as well! I love running into my BFF in random places not planned. The event had some very good food and I was glad that Tony was a very willing partner in eating with me so I wouldn't have to eat everything myself!!

Next year I hope it won't be as hot so I won't be as grumpy worrying about my face melting off LOL

6 comments:

  1. Looking great!! :D
    I always love seeing your make up

    and omg, feed me that spiral XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love posting about my makeup too since it's pretty rare for gyaru bloggers to post everything they wear. It takes a long time but I find it's very helpful for people :D

      I wanted the spiral chip so bad but was in the wrong line for it!! Their main location is close to my boyfriend's work so next time I'm in that area maybe I'll try it.

      Delete
  2. Aww too bad I hadn't heard of this sooner! It sounds like it so much fun!

    The food all look so yummy! Definitely gonna keep an eye out for this next year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OC Register has a really good list of events happening everyday, so definitely check that ever so often to find out about random events like that :D You should go next year!

      Delete