I was flipping through my newest issue of Ranzuki and found this interesting article that included face shading for different sized heads. This article features Natsumi Saito and she shows how she tries to achieve an "American face". From shading her face to make it look small, shading her nose, doing her eye makeup/lenses and even massaging her face to make it appear smaller. Definitely a must read/see for people who are having a hard time with knowing how to contour their face!
- Eyes and Eyebrows are close together
- Eye color is anything but black
- Eyes are big
- Nose is thin and high
- Face is small
Step 1 is making her face smaller by contouring her face with the products that she uses (MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Natural Dark) and recommends Canmake Shading Powder in Honey Rusk Brown. My favorite contour product is NYX's Liquid Contour that is applied on with a foundation brush.
Step 3 focuses on how to do eye makeup using neutral tones that will make your eyes pop! She also highlights under her eyes as well to enhance it.
Step 4 is changing your eye color with the use of circle lenses. She likes the Bambi series in Chocolate Brown and Almond, but she's wearing Ash Wing for this tutorial.
Step 5 is on using lashes to enhance your eyes, and filling your eyebrows to match your hair and make it close to your eye. She recommends not making an arch with your eyebrows.
- She likes to dye her eyebrows to match her hair color, but also recommends using eyebrow mascara to get the same result.
- She emphasizes the power of beauty goods, including face rollers and clips to make your face smaller. She also always uses eye tape as well (but doesn't need to apply to you if you have a double eyelid).
- She believes in the power of doing massage to make her face smaller. You can watch her videos on Ranzuki's official YouTube page.