Saturday, April 7, 2012

Circle lens review: G-201 Max Pure Brown from mukuCHU

I had been wanting these lenses since March of last year, but I decided not to get them until a few months ago since I still had plenty of lenses at the time. I fell in love with these when Sayaka Araki formerly of ageha wore them in Oneesan ni natta!!


Note: Review is required but I purchased these lenses.

The design of the lens:

G-201 Max Pure Brown
Life Span: 1 Year
Diameter: 14.5mm
Origin: Korea

One eye in, one eye out:
You can see that the lens does give me a great amount of enlargement, but at the same time it remains incredibly natural and blends very well with my natural eye color.

 Both eyes in, natural lighting:

Both eyes in, flash:
You can see more of the outer ring with the flash, but honestly I think it's so gorgeous!

Both eyes in, with makeup:
I like that you can wear these lenses with natural or dramatic makeup.

Pictures of me wearing these lenses:
Makeup details:
Face:
- Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Skin and Fix+, X-Out Shine Control (T-zone)
- Redness Correction: Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Bedaub
- Foundation: MAC Full Coverage Foundation in NW30
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark
- Contour (face): Fyrinnae Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Medium
- Contour (nose): NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Ash)
- Highlight: MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt
- Blush: theBalm Frat Boy

Eyes:
- Eyebrows: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash (Taupe), Diamond Eyebrow Concealer in Chocolate Brown
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eyeshadows: theBalm Overshadow in No Money, No Honey (all over), Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Underground (lid), MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Rich Core (crease and lower lid)
- Eyeliner: Momoeri Long Beam Eyeliner, NYX Slide-On Pencil in Jet Black
- Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal
- Eyelashes: Twinkle Lash in Cool Eye (top), Decorative Lash PLAYGIRL Series in PLAY COOL #3

Lips:
- Lipbalm: Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine
- Lipstick: NYX Black Label Lipstick in Chakra


Some other instances:



Review:
Pros:
- Big enlargement but still looks very natural.
- Blends amazingly with my natural eye color.
- Very comfortable and doesn't dry out quickly.
- Can wear these on any occasion, whether it's everyday or for dramatic looks.

Cons:
- Outer ring isn't very bold and not very dramatic looking.
- Lenses get dirty pretty easily, as in makeup getting on the lens. This can cause a bit of blurred vision where the makeup lands on the lenses. Luckily it's easy to clean off but if enough fallout from your makeup occurs it can be a bit annoying.
- Receiving these lenses are slow, however it is a pro because these lenses are custom made to your prescription. There's been a lot of scares with some ready stocked lenses so if you are too scared to buy ready ones, buy custom made ones from mukuCHU!

Overall:
These have to be one of my favorite pair of lenses at the moment. I love how versatile they are in style, and that not only do they look good but they're also incredibly comfortable. The only thing I would be wary of is makeup fallout getting on the lenses since it can be a bit irritating.
I know that I can trust mukuCHU with ordering lenses as they are custom made for all prescription lenses, and know that my eyes are safe with them and that I'm not splurging too much.

Want these lenses?
They come in a variety of diameters and colors for $20 from mukuCHU.

2 comments:

  1. They look SO cute on you! It's so funny, because I lost my pair like 6 months ago, and JUST found them yesterday in my bag LOLL (Don't worry I already chucked 'em!) I think I need to repurchase a pair though. I love how natural they are, yet I do sometimes get people giving me strange looks like "What... is wrong with your face?" LOL! I love it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Especially since I know Toric lenses dont always run so big but these look really great and enlarging :D

    ReplyDelete