Candy Doll Makeup Base in Shade 02
Shades available: 01 (pink pearl), 02 (gold pearl)
You can see that there is a difference from the start to finish with this makeup base, however it's definitely not enough coverage for me! For those who only need light coverage this would work as a BB Cream for you, but for people with more redness this is suitable as a primer. I love the gold pearl color as well, because it gives you an illuminated glow without the use of an illuminizer. Definitely great for brightening up my complexion compared to the before photo.
With using this as a primer, my base was able to last for 9+ hours without touch ups.
- Golden pearl finish helps to brighten up the complexion and look alive.
- Works great as a primer, helps to keep your base on for hours.
- The liquid is very light out of the tube, and applies very easily.
- A little goes a long way!
- Not enough coverage for me to use alone.
- Not exactly a color match for me to use as a BB cream.
- Might be too shimmery to use alone.
- Expensive for what it is, since you can get Canmake products that are the same size for half the price.
- Hard to get outside of Japan, and when you can buy it overseas the markup is huge.
This will work as a great primer for people who have medium to dark skin tones. If you have light to medium skin tone with not a lot of redness, this will be great to use as a BB cream. However, since it's fairly hard to get I would only recommend it to people who have easy access to it or who really want it!
Where to buy?
KATE Mineral BB Gel Cream in OC-D
Shades available: OC-B (Light), OC-C (Medium), OC-D (Tan)
Application First Layer
Second Layer + Concealer
You can see that the coverage is actually pretty decent! It didn't cover up all of my redness in the first layer, but the second layer and the help of my favorite concealer (NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand) cleared all of the redness and just looks flawless.
- Although it is thick, it isn't hard to apply and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin.
- Lots of skincare benefits, since it's a multipurpose skincare product with sun protection, skincare benefits and is a foundation!
- Color runs darker than most BB creams. Definitely can get away with wearing this if you are NC/NW 30-35.
- Buildable coverage for those who need it.
- No added fragrance and alcohol free!
- Helps to control oil.
- A bit thick, since it starts out as a gel and is supposed to leave a powder finish.
- Leans a bit more on the yellow side, since I have warmer skin it isn't a 100% match unless I set it with a darker powder.
- Although it has buildable coverage, I found it still couldn't cover all of my redness alone.
- Won't be able to find a shade if you're over NC/NW 35.
An excellent BB cream for those that want to have buildable coverage! It's fairly affordable for how good of a product it is, and considering it's a new product it has a more wide availability. It is additionally very helpful for those who have combination skin, since it can help control oil. I can't say if it works well on oily skin, but since I have combo skin I can say it definitely did make a difference!
Where to buy?
Here's my finished look with both of these products:
I definitely recommend both of these products, but if I had to choose which one I would recommend more... it would be the KATE BB Gel Cream!