Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil

Previously I wrote a review for DHC's Mild Touch Cleansing Oil, but since then I have tried out more cleansing oils and have become addicted to them! I currently have a rotation of 5 different cleansing oils right now at all different price points, so I will definitely do a review of all of them.

When I spotted FANCL's Mild Cleansing Oil at the checkout counter at my local Mitsuwa Marketplace, I decided to buy it!



The ingredients list is in English on the label, along with the manufacturing date on the box. The freshness date is within 1 year of manufacturing or 120 days after opening the bottle.

Since I know people are curious about the ingredients in English, I re-typed them:
Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglycerl-20 Octaisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Caprylic/Caprictriglyceride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin

The bottle

What I like is that there's a little thing that prevents from spilling of the oil. This makes it good for traveling!
The scent is fairly faint, but feels very fresh. The consistency is a little bit thick like a gel, but not as thick as DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil.

Instead of using 3 pumps of this oil, I only used 2 pumps. I rubbed it on a dry face, after a minute I put some water on my hands to emulsify the oil, and rinsed it off after another minute.

Before and after picture:
Pros:
- Cleansed my face very well, got all of my waterproof and stubborn makeup off my face, including eyelash glue!
- Mild scent and feels fresh.
- Good for all types of skin.
- Doesn't dry out the skin, so your skin will be comfortable even without a second wash wish soap.

Cons:
- Bottle isn't quite full when purchased.
- A bit pricey for the amount given.
- Short shelf-life after opening the bottle.

Overall:
Although it is double the price of DHC's Mild Touch Cleansing Oil, it is definitely better than it and worth the purchase. It gets EVERYTHING off (which DHC's didn't), makes your face feel fresh, and the scent isn't bothersome. You can definitely get away with only using this to wash your face and your skin will still be clean and smooth. The only cons I can think of is that it's pricey, the bottle wasn't full when I purchased it, and the short shelf-life. I'm sure it'll be possible to use the entire bottle in less than 120 days, but it's still something to consider if you don't use cleansing oils too often.

Recommended? Yes!

Where to buy? You can purchase directly from FANCL's official store for $26. I purchased mine for $26 at Mitsuwa Marketplace in Costa Mesa, CA, and it can be purchased at some of your local Asian markets or online from eBay from $20+.

No comments:

Post a Comment