Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Diamond Lash review: Celeb x Charming eyes + Beauty x Baby eyes

In this post I introduced the new Diamond Beauty items that I got, and here I will review 2 sets of lashes on each of my eyes~ Also I'm wearing my circle lenses in these photos so let me know what you think of them :D


 Here I am with my eye makeup on, and I'm going to start off with the Celeb eye.
It's very similar to Dolly Wink #2, so I did a side-by-side comparison of them. The Celeb eye is nowhere near is natural looking as the Dolly Wink's, but more volume was added and they have the same similar comfortable lash band :)
Look how high that volume is! In case you are wondering about how I put the lashes on, I apply DUO glue in black and let it set for 30-45 seconds and then place them on by hand. Another pro-tip is that after you put your lashes on use a HEATED eyelash curler to blend your natural lashes with the fake ones. I use Sephora's but I'm sure you can find them at different places as well and they usually run about $20.
Now added with the Charming eye. It is such a hassle to put on! The lash is actually broken into 3 parts, so you MUST use tweezers to put them on individually in order. I do think that they look great, but I prefer putting on my lashes with my fingers so I'll only be using these when I have a lot of time to get ready.

On the other eye I'll be starting with the Beauty eye.
These seem to be just like an updated version of their Gorgeous eye, so I did a side-by-side comparison for them here. These lashes are also a bit softer than their earlier counterpart. I'm assuming that Diamond Beauty copied the soft lash band of Dolly Wink's and put it to their awesome designs.
These also give awesome volume as well!
With the Baby eye on now. I think the Baby eye is supposed to copy the look of Donki's S2 even though it in itself is a copy of MAC #33! But instead they took that style and made it a strictly bottom lash style, and it looks like they made it look a little shorter? I'm not sure if I really like the Baby's on me, but maybe if I did a different makeup style it would look better?
Both sides for you to compare!

My thoughts: So far I think I like the Volume series eyelashes (Celeb x Charming) better than the Pure series, as the volume is a bit more distributed through out instead of just in one area. These lashes are a big improvement on the comfort of Diamond Lash with really creative (and maybe not so much) designs as well.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm so jealous, I want to try all the diamond lash series!! T_T I've only tried the old series in pink but they're not dramatic at all. :( Thank you for the review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original pink series are great as classics (and cheap since they carry them at Marukai!) but the newer sets are definitely a lot better!

    The new sets (Volume + Pure) are especially a pain to get since I just checked the Diamond Beauty website and they're sold out of most of them again :'( I wish it were easier since they're so amazing! Definitely comparable to Dolly Wink and much cheaper.

    Also a hint to you (and if other people encounter this comment) I plan on having a few of the new Diamond Lashes in the next giveaway :D

    ReplyDelete